To mark and celebrate Castlepoint’s 20th Birthday we created a campaign called ‘Project Positivity’ a year long initiative aimed at giving back to the local community.
This campaign launched in January 2023 and every month throughout 2023 at least 1-2 acts of kindness are being chosen to support as many local schools, charities, and organisations as possible.
So far supported that has been provided include;
- We gave away a weekly food shop for three customers in January when food and living costs significantly increased and our customers needed support.
- We worked with Dorset Dogs to fund and support with opening two local Pet Foodbanks in deprived areas.
- We provided a Multi-Site In Print licence for 6 local primary schools with an increased amount of SEN students. This is a communication tool which will significantly support SEN early years and young children with their communication and learning through more accessible resources.
- Donating to Bethany Primary School to upgrade their school library supplies.
- Dropped Easter Eggs for local children’s ward and staff at Poole Hospital.
- Created the Castlepoint Food Pantry, aimed at supporting the team at Castlepoint through the rising food costs. This is restocked regularly so our team has access to the support they need.
- The Castlepoint team have completed regular litter picks and beach cleans in the surrounding areas to help keep our local community as litter free as possible.
- Purchased over £500 worth of equipment to support Bournemouth Rugby Club U12 youth team.
- Supported with the setup of the fantastic Bourne Free Pride Festival. Over three days, 10 Members of our team headed down to Meyrick Park to volunteer and offer 33 hours of our support.
- Donating to Stourfield School with 12 new bird boxes and are running a competition for the students to create their best bird box where the winners creations will be installed around the school.
- Contributed prizes to over 10 local school fayres.
Plus, more good deeds to come as this campaign is ongoing!
Creating a year long Darius campaign which consists of a data capture landing page which is shared to all of our digital changes inviting the general public, organisations and charities to register their suggestions for future Project Positivity causes.
To date we have received over 500 responses from the local community suggesting way that we can help.
This has received positive local press attention with a supplied press releases as part of the organised PR strategy and additionally all organisations share positive social media content on their own platforms praising Castlepoint’s generous involvement.